Friday, June 3, 2011

Head Gear

This is about what to wear on your head.  Not what is in your head or how to get things into your head.  Although, head gear might help what is in your head get on to your canvas.  I have now changed head gear twice since the cool of winter.  It's not officially summer, but I am in summer hear.

Head Gear

The hat front and centre is my winter gear and it is my most recent acquisition.  It has the peak plus the equivalent of a toque built in (In the past I added a toque over my cap).  And it has ear protection as required.  I have worn this hat at -40.  No problem.  It is the classic "block heater".  Moving clockwise is a blue grey baseball style hat, but it's from Newfoundland.  Therefore it is superior.  Again the peak.  I wore this hat in early spring.  After the heat started but was still bearable, I wore my gentleman's fedora style hat.  Beauty peak and brim for all round sun protection.  This hat has a built in air conditioner in the top.  Hot air is expelled through the side vent mesh.  Quite nice, quite dapper.

Cool Warm

This hat just doesn't cut it in anything resembling real heat (above 22C for me).  So I have moved to the topless model - full air, decent peak.  Found this one at the dollar store.  This hat will get used till the first chill of fall.  Then I'll move to the cool French cap for some character and variety.  Still with a peak in a darker grey colour.  The constant in all these hats aside from comfort is the peak.  This shades my eyes from the glare providing protection while letting me see unencumbered.  You should not wear sun glasses.  Then again if you like looking through a coloured filter......

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! You must not be bald, or you couldn't wear your summer hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything, too much hair. Elongates the hot season. Rains today, have to paint in that too.

    ReplyDelete