- If you can't paint, paint big.
- Procrastination is the most difficult thing to put off.
- It is just a matter of priorities.
- Painting pictures is confining. Learning to paint is limitless.
- "The end is in sight" should read The end is insight."
- The pattern of light is an entire abstraction.
- Paint manipulation is the essence of learning to paint.
- Artists paint paint first and things second.
- With this approach, the act of painting becomes the point of painting. Then one does not learn to paint but paints to learn.
- A good impression is lost so quickly.
- Light is a thing that cannot be reproduced, but must be represented by something else - by colour.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Few artists, many painters. Here are a few deep thoughts from a few living artists.
So, who said what?