Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some Days

The family and baby have cleared out.  So quiet this morning.  I had a peaceful breakfast and decided to paint.  The oils were petrified on my easel.  So I scraped them off, cleaned the palette and squeezed out new paint.  Like a Spring morning, clean and crisp.  I pulled out last week's plein air start.  I checked the values, the concept, the tilt.

Colborne Lodge, 16 x 20 Oil on Canvas

I was working to finish this off after a week away from it in High Park.  Getting the sun light better now.  Time for coffee I said.

"You've got orange paint on your sweater sleeve!!!"  Crap!  No, its also on my pants.  Oh no!  Where else is it.  Not to be a good painting day.  Its on the couch, the rocker, and the floor.  A large gob, slightly dry, but rich and gooey.

Time for maintenance.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  We are painting the cherry blossoms in High Park.  It'll be worth the drive into the smoke for that.  Tonight I'll check to see how Vincent chose to deal with the orchards.

No comments:

Post a Comment