Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day

Well it is six more weeks of simplified painting.  Good stuff.  I just had to paint some shadows today.

1 PM and Fading, 12x12, Oil on Canvas

This was from a ski run. I took this shot with the same camera I used last time.  Same studio lighting.  Corrected as I may.  Not too close.  Then again I may go back into the painting.  I'll think about that tomorrow.  For your reference, the foreground yellow is actually a violet gray - warmer than its surroundings.

Here is the last photo I sent out.





Here it is from todays photo effort.  I used outdoor light and my SLR camera.


You wonder just what you are looking at.

For todays painting I changed up the palette a bit.  Cobalt Blue (warm blue), Cadmium Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Red Light (Grays with cobalt), and Mineral Violet, and Titanium white.

The same bristle brushes - #14 Flat, #8 Flat, #8 Langnickel flat, and a palette knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment